Using Tags to organize your songs
Tags is a feature that was added in version 3.50.
You can tag songs with any keyword that you choose. Some examples of tag names are Acoustic, Worship, Band name, Horn songs, Singer name, etc…
Tags are used to group songs with the keyword that you choose. You can create as many tags as you want. A song can have multiple tags. For example, a song can be tagged with Acoustic and Worship.
How to use Tags:
- Open the main menu in the Android app by tapping the upper left hamburger button or swipe your finger from the left of the screen to the right.
- Tap the add button and type a name for your tag.
- Tap the Tag that you created. This will take you to the song catalog that contains the tagged songs. The song list should be empty after you add the tag.
- While you are in the tagged song list tap the + button. This will give you three options:
- Add Song – This allows you to manually add a new song. After add the song it will be tagged with the selected tag name.
- From Catalog – This shows you your entire song catalog. Check all the songs that you want to tag with the selected tag name.
- Lyric Search – This option allows you search for a song on the internet. After you add the song your searched for it will be tagged with the selected tag.
Filtering by Tags in the song catalog
- Open the main menu and select Songs.
- Tap the menu in the upper right with 3 dots and choose “Filter by Tags”
- Select the tags that you want to filter the song catalog by
After you have a filter setup if you want to clear the filter follow the steps above but for step 3 choose “Clear filters”
Filters are shared between the Songs and the “From Catalog” option when adding songs to a setlist. You can clear the filter in both views.